At Align, we focus on aligning companies and people on their journey to success. That’s why we’re here. On the tech team, our contributions come from designing, building and maintaining Align’s web and mobile applications that help companies and people plan, set goals and execute daily to achieve those goals.
We also look toward the future by evaluating different languages, frameworks and services that we use to design, build, maintain and run our applications. We expect to expand our activities in data analytics, business intelligence and machine learning in the future. You will have the opportunity to research, evaluate and propose Align’s adoption of new technologies and approaches that the team will use to build and maintain applications that will delight Align’s customers.
Align has a set of core values that we use daily in the operation of the business. These core values help us make decisions every day:
- Do the Right Thing by choosing to do what’s right vs. what’s convenient, assuming the good intention of others and honoring your commitments.
- Exceed Expectations by challenging yourself, delighting your customers and delivering the best experiences.
- Get S#!+ Done. The Right S#!+. Have a bias for action, fail fast and learn faster.
- We Actively Solve Problems by empowering everyone, by being creative and by proposing solutions.
- Grow as a Team. Learn from wins and from losses. Be curious. Help Others…Ask, Learn, Share and celebrate wins together.
Have we captured your interest? Do Align’s Core Purpose and Core Values resonate with you? Would you like to work with a team that thinks and acts based on what you’ve read? If so, Align may be a good fit for you and you may be a good fit for Align. You’ll find more information about the position below.
Full Stack Developer:
As a full-stack developer, you are responsible for developing and maintaining the user interface, business layer and database for Align’s applications. The primary focus will be on development of the web and mobile user interfaces. You will work closely with Align’s Product Manager and UI/UX Designer to understand requirements, contribute to application design, translate those designs into development plans and then execute the plan through development. You have a passion to build applications across different devices that users want to use because those applications are both effective and compelling. You want to be a contributing member of the team that discovers, through discussion and experimentation, how to build applications that deliver value and great experiences to users.
- Develop and maintain Align’s applications throughout the software stack (User Interface, Web Services, Business Logic and Database)
- Build and maintain unit tests for all application functionality
- Work with Product Management and UI/UX designers to help design application features that you will build
- Collaborate with other developers to build and maintain application features
- Contribute to Align’s culture of growth by participating in learning sessions as both a student and a teacher
- Research new languages, frameworks, tools and processes to improve Align’s applications and software development practices
- Be accountable to your commitments
- Experience developing business logic and web services using C#.
- Relational Database development experience building stored procedures, functions, SQL statements and tables, preferably with Microsoft SQL Server.
- A proven ability to contribute to the discovery and documentation of requirements and designs.
- DevOps experience in automating the build, test and deployment of applications is a plus.
- Experience with data analysis, business intelligence and/or machine learning is a plus.
Currently, Align is 100% remote. We intend to re-open our office in New Orleans when it is safe to do so. At that time, we expect to have a hybrid environment with some time spent in the office working with others on the Tech and Product team and some time working remote. New Orleans and Louisiana residents are preferred but we will consider people in other locations. When it is safe to do so, travel to New Orleans at least once per quarter will be required.