At Align, we focus on aligning companies and people on their journey to success. That’s why we’re here. The Tech team’s contributions are made designing, building and maintaining Align’s web and mobile applications. Those applications help companies and people plan, set meaningful goals and execute daily to achieve those goals. The ideal candidate has a passion for building compelling applications across different devices that people enjoy using.
Align has a set of core values that we use daily in the operation of the business. These core values help us make decisions every day:
- Do the Right Thing by choosing to do what’s right vs. what’s convenient, assuming the good intention of others and honoring your commitments.
- Exceed Expectations by challenging yourself, delighting your customers and delivering the best experiences.
- Get S#!+ Done. The Right S#!+. Have a bias for action, fail fast and learn faster.
- We Actively Solve Problems by empowering everyone, by being creative and by proposing solutions.
- Grow as a Team. Learn from wins and from losses. Be curious. Help Others…Ask, Learn, Share and celebrate wins together.
Do Align’s Core Purpose and Core Values resonate with you? If you’d like to work with a team that thinks and acts based on what you’ve read, Align may be a good fit for you and you may be a good fit for Align.
As a UI/UX developer, you are responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the user interface and user experience of Align’s web and mobile applications. This is a hybrid role that combines design and development. You will work closely with Align’s Product Manager and UI Developers to understand requirements, contribute to application design, translate those designs into development plans and then execute the plan through deployment. You have a passion to build applications across different devices that users want to use because those applications are both effective and compelling. You want to be a contributing member of the team that discovers, through discussion and experimentation, how to build applications that deliver value and great experiences to users.
- Design the user interface (and user experience) for Align’s applications working with a Product Manager
- Support UI Developers in building the user interfaces that you helped design
- Collaborate with other developers to build and maintain application features
- Contribute to Align’s culture of growth by participating in learning sessions as both a student and a teacher
- Research new user interfaces and frameworks and make recommendations for new applications
- Be accountable to your commitments
- UI/UX design skills with examples where you supported developers in the implementation of your designs
- UI development skills and experience on web and mobile applications
- You should be able to talk in detail about the applications you have built.
- Proven ability to deliver responsive web applications across multiple browsers and multiple devices including desktops, tablets and phones
- Demonstrated ability to translate high-level requirements into development plans and execute on those plans
- At least 3 years of professional software development with at least 2 of those years of professional web development experience
- Ability and desire to work as part of a team
Currently, Align is largely remote with hybrid work in our New Orleans office where most of the team resides. We encourage the team to get together in the office frequently but most time is spent remote. New Orleans and Louisiana residents are preferred but we will consider people in other locations. For remote team members, travel to New Orleans at least once per quarter will be required.