What personal data does Align collect from you and how?
You are required to provide the following personal data to Align when you create an account on the Align platform:
– Company Name
– Email address
In addition, you may voluntarily provide certain personal data to Align as part of your profile including job title, profile photo, links to certain personal websites, birth date, hire date and hobby information.
Align also uses log-ins, cookies, and internet protocol (“IP”) addresses to identify you and log your use of our site and/or mobile app. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and is stored on your computer’s hard drive. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, Align’s servers automatically collect information when you access or use our platform and record it in user activity log files. This log data may include the IP address, the address of the web page visited before our site, browser type and settings, the date and time the site/app was used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data referenced above.
What does Align do with the personal data it collects?
Align may use the personal data if collects from you to understand your needs and provide you with a better, more personalized user experience and service while on the Align platform, and more specifically for the following purposes:
- For billing, account management and other administrative matters
- To provide, update, maintain, and improve our services
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation
- To communicate with you regarding any requests, comments or questions that you may have
- With your consent, Align may periodically send you promotional emails, through third-party service providers, about new products, special offers or other information that we think you may find interesting. Please note that your consent to receive such promotional emails is entirely voluntary and can be withdrawn at any time.
How does Align secure your personal data?
Align is committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. Any personal data stored on Align’s platform is treated as confidential. All personal data is stored securely and is accessed by authorized personnel only. Align has implemented and maintains appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures and measures including, but not limited to, the use of Secure Socket Layers (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS), which creates a secure tunnel protected by 256 AES encryption, along with other symmetric and asymmetric encryption techniques, to prevent the potential unauthorized or unlawful processing and use of your personal data as well as its accidental loss, destruction, damage, theft or disclosure.
How do you control your personal data?
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal data by Align in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not consent to the use of your personal data by Align for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously given consent for Align to use your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Align will not sell, distribute or lease your personal data to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
How does Align store your personal data and for how long?
Align uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run our services. Although Align owns the code, databases, and all rights to the Align applications, you retain all rights to your personal data. Align retains your personal data while your account is in existence or as needed to provide you services. When you terminate your Align account, you have the right to also request that Align erase all of your personal data from its possession within a reasonable period of time or as required by applicable law. Align may retain de-identified, anonymized or aggregated information even after your account has been terminated and a request for erasure has been made.
Align may periodically update this policy so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you agree and are satisfied with any changes. Align may also notify you about significant changes in the way your personal data is treated by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Align account or by placing a prominent notice on our site. You retain the right to access, amend, correct or delete your personal data where it is inaccurate at any time. Furthermore, you may contact us at any time to:
- Request access to personal data that Align has about you. Align will make sure to provide you with a copy of the personal data we process about you. In order to comply with your request, Align may ask you to verify your identify. Align will fulfill your request by sending your copy electronically, unless the request expressly specifies a different method.
- Correct any personal data that Align has about you. If you believe that the personal data Align has about you is incorrect, you are welcome to contact us so we can update it and keep your personal data accurate.
- Delete/erase personal data that Align has about you.
To do so any of the above, please contact email@example.com.
This policy is effective as of August 9, 2023.
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Align Technologies Corp. 4637 Tchoupitoulas, New Orleans, LA 70115.