29 Motivational Quotes to Inspire Your Team
In today’s workplace, an alarming 70% of employees are not fully engaged at work.
Motivating your employees to perform at their best becomes a top priority if you hope to keep your organizations moving in the right direction.
Align is in the business of helping organizations achieve their goals, so we’re always on the look out for innovative ways companies are motivating employees to do their best work.
One engagment strategy we’ve picked up from our clients is to kick off or wrap up planning meetings and daily huddles with a motivational quote. When used to kick off a meeing these quotes can set the tone for the meeting and frame your company’s strategic efforts. When used to wrap a meeting, you can send your team out in inspired to tackle their day.
The right quote can get your team in the mindset for thinking about your strategic direction or digging deep to execute on priorities. Alongside music or a quarterly theme, quotes can be used to create energy and focus with your team.
We’ve compiled 29 of our favorite quotes around topics we feel are important to building a culture of positivity, productivity, and success: Alignment, Strategy & Execution, Goals, and Teamwork.
In addition to this blog post, we’ve compiled these quotes in a slideshow for easy display on monitors during company meetings or anywhere in need of an extra motivational boost. You can download it here!
Strategy & Execution Quotes
5. Strategy is a commodity, execution is an art. – Peter Drucker
6. Every responsibility you get make it a pocket of greatness. – Jim Collins
7. If you measure it, it will improve. – Seth Godin
8. The key is not to prioritize what is on your schedule but to schedule your priorities. – Stephen Covey
9. Excellent firms don’t believe in excellence- only in constant improvement and constant change. – Tom Peters
10. A common saying around Silicon Valley is execution eats strategy for breakfast. – Salim Ismail
11. A bad strategy will fail no matter how good your information is, and lame execution will stymie a good strategy. – Bill Gates
12. The secret of success is to do the common things uncommonly well. – John D. Rockefeller
13. A good plan now is better than a great plan too late. – Verne Harnish
14. How does a project get to be a year late? One day at a time. – Frederick Brooks
15. To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often. – Winston Churchill
16. The secret to success is the consistency of purpose. – Benjamin Disraeli
17. The tragedy in life doesn’t lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach. – Benjamin Mays
18. Unless you have definite, precise, clearly set goals, you are not going to realize the maximum potential that lies within you. – Zig Ziglar
19. The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don’t define them, or ever seriously consider them as believable or achievable. – Denis Watley
20. A goal properly set is halfway reached. – Zig Ziglar
21. Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. – Tom Landry
22. What gets measured gets done. – John Spence
23. Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results. – Andrew Carnegie
24. In teamwork, silence isn’t golden; it’s deadly. – Mark Sanborn
25. Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success. – Henry Ford
26. Great things in business are never done by one person. They’re done by a team of people. – Steve Jobs
27. No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team. – Reid Hoffman
28. Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. – Michael Jordan
29. Leaps of greatness require the combined problem-solving ability of people who trust each other – Simon Senek